The City of Reno operates two indoor pools and two seasonal outdoor pools that provide endless opportunities to play, compete, learn, exercise, and relax. Each facility has different features and schedules.
Lane Reservation and Facility Information for COVID-19
- Open Swim sessions will be available for a maximum of 50 people at first come, first serve.
- For lap swimming, lane reservations must be made in advance and can be made by calling either Northwest or Idlewild pool, or making an in-person reservation.
- Reservations can be made up to 7 days in advance.
- Reservations are made in 45 minute blocks to allow for fifteen minutes between each reservation to clean.
- Per CDC recommendations and capacity limitations, no more than 3 people will be reserved in each lane.
- If you wish to continue swimming after your reservation time, you may check with the front desk to ensure the reservation time after yours is not filled in order to continue swimming.
- Locker room use is highly discouraged, although restrooms are available for use and showers are available for rinsing purposes only. You may not change in or leave items in the locker rooms.
Notice of Pool Closures
|August 17, 2020- TBD||Traner Pool||Closed for the season- see you in summer 2021!|
October 5, 2020- TBD
|Idlewild Pool||Closed for the season- see you in summer 2021!|
|December 2, 2020- (7am-10am ONLY)||EMNECC||Scheduled Maintenance|
|December 3, 2020 (9am-12:30pm ONLY)||Northwest Pool||Scheduled Maintenance|
|December 25, 2020||All||Christmas|
|January 1, 2021||All||New Year's Day|
Parks and Recreation Services
Need a Job? View Job Openings
- No person shall swim in the pool unless the pool is officially open and lifeguards are on duty.
- Guests must shower before entering the pool.
- Guests must be at least six (6) years of age to enter the facility without a participating adult.
- Children over the age of six (6) are required to use the appropriate locker room.
- All patrons must follow instructions from the lifeguards at all times.
- Proper swim attire is required.
- Food and drink are allowed in designated areas only.
- Glass bottles or containers are not allowed in the pool area.
- Mask, fins, snorkel or flotation devices are only allowed in shallow water during public swim, or in instructional classes and lap swim. Flotation devices for the physically disabled will be allowed on a case by case basis.
- Boisterous or rough play, running, pushing, wrestling, dunking, etc., is not allowed.
- Swimming in the diving and slide areas (where applicable) is not allowed.
- Guests with open cuts, sores or bandages are not allowed to enter the pool.
- Guests must be able to swim the width of the main pool once, without stopping, in order to go into the deep end.
- Animals (except service animals) are not allowed in the bath house or pool area.
- Guests under the influence of alcohol or narcotic substances are not permitted in the facility.
- Abusive or foul language will not be tolerated.
- Guests are to stay off lifeguard stands and leave all emergency equipment alone.
- Please do not interfere with emergency procedures, accidents or drill exercises.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the pool facility.
- Spectators are only allowed in designated areas.
- No mermaid tails.
- No running.
- Rules and regulations will be strictly enforced.